Thursday, March 31, 2016

The real stress

potential model with some editing
I basically have a week left for this project and I am terrified.

I am taking a break from all the research for InDesign and starting to cast some models and work on my double-paged spread. I am planning to get this all done this week and then start working on the layout of my magazine for the last week. But, I am facing a few issues...

First issue are the models, I need to decide if I only want female models or if I want both, I am leaning more towards both genders so that my target audience is more vast. My main goal is to get models that do not embody average beauty, I want interesting beauty and people who are actually interesting and unique. Today I got some potential prospects and took some head shots and mid shots, so I am progressing. I also edited the head shots with some filters from Visco cam just to play around with the feel.


Another HUGE issue for me is the location, it has to give off the vibe and embody the feel of my magazine (which is leaning towards artsy and urban), but that issue might be fixed this Sunday (one of my models knows THE coolest places to shoot at, which is a relief). The location is also helpful in the people that I want to feature in my double-paged spread, I need a unique place where I can find unique people who are also just every day.

My last and most disturbing issue is time. It is a factor that I have completely undermined and have absolutely no control over (which freaks me out!!!). So, what I really need is to get these models shot and get visuals this week in order to start the layout next week...
potential model with some editing 










No comments:

Post a Comment