Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The real introduction to a real fashion magazine

This is the introduction to half of my final grade in this class, that sounds rather terrifying. My name is Isabella Guerrero and today I embark on the journey that is my magazine spread. I chose this medium because this is the career path I want to take, I want to be in this print world, I want to either be an editor to a magazine or write in one (both would kind of be a dream), so I am rather excited, maybe a little nauseous too, but mostly excited (also extremely scared with a dash of anxiety).

I decided to go with fashion because it is a passion of mine, I know that I will enjoy it and that I will be able to work extensively on the subject, but then come the three billion problems that come to mind. I need models, I need research, I need a decent camera, enticing graphics, extensive skill on photoshop or any other picture editing software and I do not want this to look petty ( I also have this blog to take care of). These issues circle my head throughout this 50 minute class period and right before I go to sleep. But, there is hope for me, I have these six weeks to really grow and explore as a person, stress can be good if managed the right way, it serves as a great motivator and pushes for perfection (also writing really serves to calm me down so these posts might be lengthy). 

My central focus for right now is research research research, I started to visit some Pinterest sites that  have been compiled to aid my research, I have a lot to read and pull from which is comforting. I know the direction I want to go in, I want my magazine to break the stereotypes and even though I love the world of high fashion, I strongly believe that it is not accessible to everyone and that it creates insane restrictions. I want my magazine to represent the real girl, someone who is not model thin or has designer outfits, someone who you see every day, someone who is accessible to all body types and budgets. I want all of this while still keeping it fashionable, I might even expand it to a lifestyle magazine but still mainly fashion centered, a mix between Vogue, 17 magazine and also a dash of Love magazine (due to its amazing art direction). 






I look forward to this all....

No comments:

Post a Comment