Saturday, March 12, 2016

The real feedback

Hello again!! This post is not so much research focused but it centers around some feedback that I got from a concentration group on Friday (which basically saved my life and opened my eyes to countless possibilities so thank you Mrs. Stoklosa).

So...In the focus group we worked around these pods that allowed us to display out blog on a screen, the groups were of 8 people and they worked out magnificently.

I got very positive feedback from the members of my groups, they thought that my central idea to embrace beauty and defy the standards of the high fashion industry in my magazine were uplifting and refreshing. They also enjoyed the fact that I still wanted to keep an interesting art direction that resembled that of Vogue and Love magazine (I was extremely relived that they were able to understand the madness that goes on in my head).

I also got an amazing idea for my two paged spread due to the feedback that was given to me(thank all the higher powers in this universe)!!! Due to the fact that my magazine is centered around embracing real beauty found in real everyday women and girls, I was suggested to do a play off of a popular Instagram page called "Humans of NY", in which a photographer takes pictures of people off of the streets and asks them questions and you are able to look inside the lives of the people of New York. I would change this to be a fashion version that includes a run down on their outfit and an idea of their perception of fashion or beauty. I still need to look into this idea, but it relates to my magazine and would be something refreshing and very interesting to see.

Friday was an eye-opening experience now back to research....

No comments:

Post a Comment