Friday, March 25, 2016

The real time crunch

Spring break got to me. I fell into that hole of procrastination.

I have not been able to sit down and look at Indesign tutorials, or figure out how it works and that puts me on a huge disadvantage time wise. But, I will make up for lost time next week, I plan to start watching the tutorials and figuring out how to piece together my spread.

I also need to shoot!! I have to get my models together to do so, but before I want to figure out the layout and formatting, the good thing is that I have made my direction pretty clear, so I know what I want my magazine to embody. I also need to start my two page spread, which requires me to photograph street fashion (which is a LOT of work and time). I hope that I did not overshoot with my ideas.

Next week will be promising....

1 comment:

  1. Hello! It seems that you have put a great emphasis on research before actually beginning the project. Since I am working on a magazine as well, I fully understand how terrifying InDesign appears. But trust me, the sooner you start the better, and you will realize that it's not as bad as it looks. I suggest you include in your cover lines something like "25 styles you can't miss" just to incorporate a number and further attract customers. I love the concept of integrating art with fashion, and I definitely think you are capable of achieving that artsy urban impression. Moreover, you could feature different types of street styles on your double-page spread (maybe do a collage?) and add commentary on the side. The magazine looks great so far! I also recommend you watch “InDesign CC - Create a Professional Magazine Page” on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete