Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The real meeting

I am on cloud nine.

Today we had the opportunity to meet with our Aice Media Studies teacher (Mrs.Stoklosa) for some feedback and discussion on our blogs and chosen topics for this final portfolio project and all went fabulously.

Mrs.Stoklosa had very positive feedback on my blog posts (this makes me very proud since I wish to pursue this as a career) and she also gave me some advice for the layout of my double-paged spread. She enjoyed the Humans of New York inspired spread, but recommended that I add a more journalistic aspect to the spread (which I am happy to do since writing about street style is pretty entertaining). Due to this feedback, I think that my double-paged spread will not only consist of pictures and mini descriptions, but one page will concern my experience in photographing these people and elaborate on the most interesting stories. With this idea though, comes a great focus on layout, I would need to find case studies and model my layout after these magazines.

Thankfully Mrs.Stoklosa recommended The New York Time's fashion section, which also models after this Humans of New York format and goes out on the streets of New York to photograph certain outfits that pertain to the topic of fashion chosen. I am excited to look into this because formatting is really one of my biggest feats.

Expect a post about formatting real soon (I will conquer the format)...

"Fashion, Style News & Trends." The New York Times. The New York Times, n.d. Web. 16 Mar. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment