Monday, March 28, 2016

The real InDesign p.1

Well here it is.

After weeks of procrastination (more like days, but a little hyperbolic statement never hurt anyone) I am finally posting this. This is my experience with InDesign.

I have decided to go about this in parts because of how much I have to learn and master. Part one (which is this post) will touch upon the resources that have been made available to me in order to master this program, I will explore the tutorials and provide feedback. The following parts (I am not clear on how many they will be) will feature my actual application of this program (which is basically me messing around with InDesign to see if the tutorials were relevant).

Am I scared? Terrified. Will this result in success? I kind of need it to for the final outcome of my project. With this said I will not ride gentle into this dark night!

So lets start by exploring the resources I have in order to prove successful. I have a tutorial which includes 44 brilliant InDesign tutorials (many lengthy videos, I am very excited), there is a A tutorial for good typography in InDesign (which includes videos, articles and visuals oh my!) and that just about sums it. So I have a lot to watch, read and of course learn (I NEED to get this down), I will report back with extensive feedback.

On my way to watch/read these tutorials....

"44 Brilliant InDesign Tutorials." 44 Brilliant InDesign Tutorials. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Mar. 2016.
"40 Best InDesign Tutorials - Dzinepress." Dzinepress 40 Best InDesign Tutorials Comments. N.p., 11 Feb. 2013. Web. 28 Mar. 2016.





1 comment:

  1. Hello! Your blog was absolutely wonderful since you had so much to talk about in your process of developing your magazine... all the way from early research to the advice you receive from your fellow peers and Mrs.Stoklosa. You also tend to acknowledge all the mistakes you have on journey such as how you procrastinated during spring break. That,I felt added more to your blog because that will show that there's a human being working on this website and you know how we are not perfect. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete