Friday, March 11, 2016

The real research

Now this is where the mice are separated from the men...It's research time.

Pinterest (in specific the Pinterest compilation) has been a God send, it has steered me into the right path of what I should research and has aided my focus.

As I browsed the various articles, I came across an article called,"The year in magazine covers: These were the most talked-about images of 2014" from Salon.com. What caught my eye about this article was Lena Dunham's Vogue cover (aside from the fact that I adore Lena Dunham), the small paragraph on the subject talked about her released unedited pictures. These pictures showed minimal retouching (which was mainly focused on making the images look fantastical and out of the norm), Dunham commented on how she felt respected by Vogue due to the minimal retouching done to her pictures. I respect this and I want to relate my magazine to this, I want my magazine to feature real girls in all their unedited (besides maybe filters) glory. This article has served as an inspiration to the concept of my magazine.

I have also started to look at Vogue magazine (the online version) and I am so in love with the art direction and the simplicity and modernity of not only the site but the articles. I'm looking at Vogue as something related to a case study, I want to model my magazine after some very specific aspects that Vogue embraces. The art direction is a main focus of mine as well as the photography of their models. The pictures are dramatic and edited beautifully, with minimal editing on their bodies (as stated earlier with the Lena Dunham example).

I am excited for what is to come (like really really excited).....


 
"Here Are the Unretouched Images From Lena Dunham's Vogue Shoot." Jezebel. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Mar. 2016.
"The Year in Magazine Covers: These Were the Most Talked-about Images of 2014." Saloncom RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Mar. 2016.
"Vogue Magazine: Celebrity Covers, Subscriptions, and More." Vogue Magazine Celebrity Covers Subscriptions and More Vogue. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Mar. 2016.




No comments:

Post a Comment