Friday, April 8, 2016

The real InDesign p.2

Tutorials on tutorials on tutorials.

As you have gathered from my introductory statement, I have started to gather up information and tutorials on InDesign (the lady who does most of them has the calmest voice I have ever heard), the application itself has a lot of features and aspects.

I started by watching an introductory video to InDesign, it basically summed up the program and who uses it (it was not very helpful on technical skills). There was another 30 minute introductory video tutorial that I could not download (I will get back on the progress of that video), I am relying on that video to basically open up the gates to InDesign nirvana. Due to those technical difficulties, I forged ahead, and started watching a mini tutorial on the tools of InDesign and their functions. This mini tutorial was short yet effective, the explanations were concise and explicit. I learned how to use all the tools from the toolbar (I feel so informed).

These tutorials have been a great help for learning the basics of InDesign and have helped me greatly in the progress of my magazine, which I am very thankful for. The 30 minute video turned out to be 43 minutes and basically ended up teaching me everything I would ever need to know on the program (thank you very much Terry White).

Right now I am putting the final touches on my magazine and finishing up on my table of contents, I know that I am short on timing, but I plan to finish this all tonight and start on my reflection tomorrow (which is the last day I have to even do this project, so that shall be an adventure!)

Wish me all the luck in the world, because I am in need of it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment