Tuesday, April 5, 2016

The real double page spread

one of the walls 
In addition to the photo shoot, last weekend I was able to create the content for my double page spread.

To conquer this feat I explored Miami's coveted art district (where the art and the fashion blend into one), there I went to the Wynwood Walls and while I gazed at the lively painted murals, I also gazed at the unique street style.

one of the "strangers" that was interviewed
I went up to complete strangers and asked them about their fashion choices and what defined their style. It actually went very smoothly, everyone was really into showing off their fashion sense and they loved being photographed (I was even asked for my information and to keep in contact with them). The only mistake I made was not asking for their names or age or career choices (I was supposed to model my format after a similar segment that the New York Times publishes that I mentioned in my past postings). But, I solved the issue by calling my spread "The Strangers of Wynwood", this gives the participant a mysterious quality and focuses the reader solely on the fashion.

A rough draft of the interviews and my write up about my experience (which will be featured in my double page spread) will be coming real soooon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment